Friday, February 25, 2011

Dr. Seuss Door Decoratons


Next week, my daughter's class will celebrate READING and DR. SEUSS (his birthday is March 2). Her school is having a door decorating competition, so I volunteered to decorate theirs. After visiting Seussville.com, I got an idea for the door. I wanted the kids to each draw their favorite Seuss character (or a self-portrait) in whimsical paper frame, which I then "hung on the wall" from buttons and twine. Added a bunch of other room elements, including a vase with Horton pom-pom flowers (one has the Whoville dust spec on it) and filled it with Dr. Seuss "books." The kids love seeing their creations on the "wall" of the door and it was a lot of fun!




They'll also go see "Seussical the Musical" on Monday, make "Cat in the Hat" hats, eat green eggs and ham, make Oobleck, and read lots of Dr. Seuss books!

1 comment:

ruth said...

I love it! What a great idea! I bet they will win. :)

Reuben still gets 'green eggs & ham' every year for breakfast on his birthday. :) And I take pics of course. I'm not exactly sure how it started, but we definitely love Dr. Seuss around here. :)