Thursday, January 14, 2010

Heated seat... really?

So, our 1st "laugh out loud" at yourself moment for 2010 is this: after getting our van back from being serviced, Kent and I both kept thinking to ourselves, "Wow, why is my back so hot?" when we were driving. We've had our 2002 Odyssey for about 5 years and neither of us realized the driver's seat is HEATED! Once I read the manual and finally located the switch, turned on to "High", the mystery was solved. Just had to laugh about it!

And I've finally crafted this year! Made a birthday banner for a friend. Not great photos (it's been too cold to go outside and take photos til today):


And, while I had my stuff out, I made a new blog banner too... but you probably already saw it :-) Felt good to create!

13 comments:

Melanie Stanczyk said...

Candace your blog looks great. Love the turquoise and brown together.

Cute banner too, I bet your friend loved it!

Julie said...

the blog looks fab!! lol about the seats! i loved it in our accord when i was preg!!!!

love the banner

LisaNRoxy said...

Love the blog update - very fun. That banner is too cute. Makes me want to create one - I am getting ready to scrap and might just do so!

I chuckled outloud about the seats!! Too funny.

just jennifer said...

love your blog header! wish I had that heated seat!

Miss Misi said...

Nice banner and LOL at your "warm buns".

Nathalie said...

Glad to have you on the blog hop this weekend Candace! :) I am very inspired to make a banner as well!

*SHeRRy B* said...

Cute banner! Lucky friend!

Angela L. said...

How sweet of you to make a Birthday Banner for your friend... It's beautiful and I love it! Thanks for the chuckle ;)

Anonymous said...

Talk about being in the hot seat ... LOL

What a great banner! Thinking that the grandkids would love those for their birthdays.... another project to add to my list of things I want to try!

Janine Rachau said...

Awesome header! And the banner is very cute!

That's funny about the seats. I loved mine, when they used to work. :)

emelyn said...

I LOVE the new blog header, Candace!! And that banner for your friend is too cute, the cupcake holder is a great idea!!

you are always so creative with your use of non-scrappy goodies. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

love the banner, very cute- funny story about the seats- that happened to me in a friends car-

JenMarie said...

LOVE the banner!!