Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hello, October... one of my favorite months!

I've always loved October. We get "picture perfect" days here in NC - crisp cool air, clear blue skies, beautiful leaf colors and my favorite daytime temps (70s). Of course, Tessa thinks October is "her" month since she celebrates her birthday (9th) and Halloween (she adores the decorations and costumes... the candy isn't too bad, either).

Under the willow tree (Willow Traders), we're finishing up our September LEO challenge today (Layout Every Other day) and a new challenge is starting THAW (THree A Week), so come join us for some creative fun! Here is my last LEO layout (where the challenge was to use paint or ink). I painted some chipboard and used my woodgrain tool (also pictured below... I bought it in the paint dept. at Lowe's). I scraplifed Lisa (check out her blog, she's so talented), I used papers from the Scrapbook Circle Sept. kit, and a bunch of assorted embellies I had around here. This photo goes back about 10 years - Seth is 9 months old and Grandma is "teaching" him piano.


2 comments:

angie gutshall said...

Love this layout and that is a great technique!

LisaNRoxy said...

Oh Candace - that layout is beautiful! Just stunning. What a treasured moment. I adore the woodgrain tool and think I might be stopping at the hardware store to give it a try! Thanks for the tip - thanks for the kind words and the lift is such an honor!