Monday, February 25, 2013

It's Been Too Long...

I have not posted in a long time. I have not scrapped in a long time. But I still create. Banners... decorations... recycled T-shirt necklaces...and a few other things here and there. I've even taken one knitting class (and trust me, the result is not worthy to post yet... but maybe one day, if I keep practicing!)


The most "creative fun" I've had in a while is the "Thrift-themed" table I hosted for our church's "Calendar Coffee" back in January. I re-purposed or made most of the things on my table. The "tablecloth" is a queen-sized sheet. Almost everything was purchased at Goodwill, Freedom House Thrift, or some other local thrift/consignment shop.

I loved making little favor neckaces (tied around the water glasses) from leather swatches a dear friend gave me, and Scrabble tile pendants. The silverware pockets are just that, pockets cut off jeans (I cut around the pocket with a rotary cutter) embellished with denim flowers I made from scraps, crocheted flowers I cut from a crocheted sham, and glued on buttons. Goodwill plates and candlesticks glued together make the centerpiece tiered stand. Twine wrapped around cans, bookpaper modge-podged to the back of clear plastic plates, and Big Shot cut shapes from bookpages and denim are a few other things you see. I used a black Sharpie marker to make the initial cups (all different, all less than $1); I baked them at 400 degrees for about 15-30 min. to help set the permanent marker. This didn't work on all the mugs I found and I'm not sure how permanent it will stay, but they made nice favors for the evening.

 
 
 It was such a fun table and I hope it gives you some ideas you can use!
 

1 comment:

ruth said...

Super cute table Candace! You are amazingly creative. :)